Do you need a well-designed, traffic-ready website for your business, but don’t want to spend THOUSANDS of dollars on a designer?
Design it yourself!
In this all-inclusive two-hour seminar, Mouthpiece Media founder Benjy Portnoy will provide 10 simple steps to creating a website in WordPress, one of the largest, most powerful, and easy-to-use content management systems (website building tools) on the planet.
During this informative presentation, you’ll learn:
- The Basics: How a good website can bring you a ton of business, while a poor website can turn people away (and how to tell the difference)
- How to register a domain name (www.YourSiteName.com), and how to pick one so that people remember it and search engines rank it higher
- How to choose the right hosting company (hint: we use only one for all our websites)
- How to set up your hosting account and install WordPress — your single most powerful tool for building a website
- A guided tour of the easy-to-use WordPress control panel
- How to find and install a WordPress theme to completely change the look and feel of your site with a single button click
- How to create unlimited pages on your website
- How to build the menu at the top of your site, and then change it whenever you want
- The 5 essential plugins you need to help you get ranked on Google
- How to find a virtually unlimited treasure trove of free themes, plugins, and widgets to make your site a powerhouse
Due to space limitations and the hands-on nature of this event, only 15 spots are available.
Date: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 1:30 pm-3:30 pm
Place: Wyndham Garden Austin & Woodward Conference Center